I’m a few days late in my usual weekly updates post, but I figured I’d wait until today so I could say — Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
Now I know a lot of people aren’t huge fans of this Holiday, but as for me — it’s an entire Holiday based on love and chocolate. How can we not like it? And I promise, hubby and I don’t do anything over the top special! Even when I was single, I’d visit with a good book boyfriend, drink some champagne and eat chocolate covered strawberries and I was in heaven 🙂 So yes, I’m one of THOSE people who happen to like Valentine’s Day … speaking of which I need to go get some champagne today!
This past Monday, I went live on Facebook and gave some updates of things happening this week, but I also talked for the first time about my New Work In Progress!! More on that momentarily!
A few updates and things to be on the lookout for this week:
- I’ve joined the world of Facebook and now have a personal page! Before I just had my Business Page, but found it easier to interact in Groups, Giveaways and Takeovers with a personal page. SO — feel free to “Friend Me” and have another way to get in touch and chat with me!
- Laura Lee, a Paranormal, Urban Fantasy & Contemporary Romance Author, has released her final book in the Pixie Dust Chronicles, Elemental Magicks! YAY! This is a fantastic paranormal romance / urban fantasy series! She’s going to be having a HUGE Release Party on Facebook this Friday, February 16th from 12 PM EST – 9 PM EST! There will be multiple authors taking over her page for giveaways and some fun all day! I will be doing an Author Takeover during the Release Party from 2:00 – 2:30 PM EST!! I’ll have my own giveaways and games and I can’t wait! Click here to join Laura Lee’s Lounge so that you can take part in the event, the Elemental Magicks Release Party!
- Finally, Protected (Book 1 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy) is part of the Paranormal Romance Lovers’ Valentine’s Day Sale! You can snag Protected on Amazon for just $.99!!! Check out some of the other awesome finds available for you this Valentine’s Day as part of their sale here: Paranormal Romance Lover’s V-Day Sale
Now onto the Work in Progress Announcement: I’m so excited about this book. I haven’t been this excited about writing in a while, so I can’t wait to get more done and share some additional details with you all! For now, what I can tell you is that this book will focus on our main character, Jules Parker. Jules is a 24-year-old in her final year of a Master’s Program. She has an internship at Falcone Industries, the number one pharmaceutical company in the U.S. She hopes to become a Research Scientist, with a focus in Genetic Research. It’s a paranormal romance, so you know things aren’t going to go smoothly for Jules for very long. She’ll get going on quite an adventure and we will get to meet some of her good friends, and some sexy new additions to her life along the way! This book does not have a title right now, but I’ll be sure to update you as soon as things get further along! The book will focus on vampires and vampire hunters! I can’t WAIT to share more!! Any thoughts so far???
That’s about all from me for now! Have a great rest of your week, and hopefully I’ll chat with some of you during Laura Lee’s Release Party on Facebook this Friday!
Have you checked out my Facebook & Instagram pages yet??? Head over to one (or both) to enter for a chance to win a Signed Paperback copy of Awakened NOW!!
Here’s the info on how to enter:
- Visit my Facebook Page Here and my Instagram Page Here!
- Look for the image below, then answer the question in the comments of the picture!!! *Make sure you Like / Follow the pages, too!!
- Tag a friend in the comments who might be interested in winning, for an additional entry!
- Stay tuned sometime the evening of Sunday, 11 February for an announcement of the winners! There will be 1 Winner from Facebook and 1 from Instagram (BUT YOU CAN ENTER IN BOTH PLACES 🙂 )!
*All comments must be made and received by 12 Noon EST on Sunday, 11 February. Names will be entered for a random drawing that will be announced the evening of Sunday, 11 February.
Good Luck and I can’t wait to hear what character you’d be!! 🙂
Another week is here, which means another theme and topic for us to get to dive in and chat about! I’m excited for this week! Really, I’m excited anytime I get to go behind the scenes with you guys into my books. I know as a reader, I love hearing things about books I read that I didn’t know before! Hopefully, you do too!
If you tuned into my Facebook / Instagram Pages last night, you already know this — but in case you’re catching up …
This week’s theme will be all about Awakened (Book 2 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy)!
Awakened, picks up right where Protected leaves off. While Protected focused on meeting Ariya and the gang, and finding out that she’s not as safe as those before her may have been – for reasons I won’t give away because SPOILERS (P.S. anyone know what Fandom I’m referencing there? 🙂 ) – Awakened takes us more into the truth behind who and what is after Ariya.
Awakened was almost half written by the time Protected was released. I just continued writing once I finished Protected, before I knew I was going to even publish anything, so they were released very close together. Protected came out June 2013, and Awakened was released October 2013. I have to say I think that Awakened is my favorite of the three books. I had so much fun writing and it came the easiest to me. Protected took awhile, since it was my first time writing anything, but Awakened poured out of me. I was writing when I most needed a place to escape to and Ariya provided that for me. So I feel like I’ll always have a special bond with this book in particular!
This week I’m going to be sharing all things Awakened AND … if you were tuning in a few week’s back, you know that there was a GIVEAWAY when I was chatting with you about Protected. There might just be a giveaway with Awakened, too. If there were to be a giveaway, I would say you should probably keep your eyes peeled on my Facebook and Instagram pages this Wednesday (2/7) to find out what said Giveaway would be and how you would enter!
If you have already read Awakened, I’d love to hear your favorite part, what you liked, didn’t like, etc.! Send me a message and maybe I’ll share it, but I’ll definitely answer you regardless 🙂
If you haven’t read it yet, it’s a great time to snag it! It’s just $2.99 on Amazon in e-book format, available in Paperback and FREE if you are part of the Kindle Unlimited Program!
Stay tuned for some fun this week and as always, I’d love to hear from you!