Thank you so much to all who entered the Protected Cover Reveal Giveaway. I hope you all love the new cover as much as I do. JL Durfey is amazing!! 🙂
Without further ado…your Winners are:
- FREE e-copy of Protected (Book 1 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy) – Cassie Polla
- FREE e-copy of Dreamer (Book 1 in the Kali Lockton Trilogy) by JL Durfey – Angela Pratt
- Paranormal Prize Pack which means a FREE e-copy of Protected (Book 1 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy) AND a FREE e-copy of Dreamer (Book 1 in the Kali Lockton Trilogy) by JL Durfey – Melissa Toppen
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you again everyone!
So, you may be thinking, what’s next? In the coming weeks there will be a lot going on. I will be announcing the release date for Book 2 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy, doing ANOTHER Cover Reveal and Title Reveal for Book 2, posting some teasers to get you excited for Book 2, and then of course having a RELEASE PARTY for Book 2. The next two months are going to be exciting (oops did I give anything away there??).
In the meantime, keep an eye out next week for my Dream Cast of Protected. Can’t wait? Then you are a lot like me when it comes to patience. As part of my Cover Reveal with the lovely ladies at the Sandwich Making Book Bitches blog, they interviewed me. One of the questionsasked was about my Dream Cast. Find the interview and the cast here if you just can’t wait. Otherwise, keep an eye out next week on my website for my Dream Cast Reveal 🙂
Thank you again everyone and HAPPY FRIDAYYY!!!!! <3
I told you I couldn’t go away for too long! I’m doing another GIVEAWAY! I made an announcement on my Facebook page last week that I was re-doing the cover for Protected. I think it’s time to reveal that NEW COVER, what do you say?
The amazingly talented author, and my wonderful friend, JL Durfey designed this new cover. I wanted to take a different direction from what I had originally chosen for the Trilogy covers. JL offered to help me. Not only is she an incredible author with her creative stories, smexy hotties, and endearing lead characters, but she also is an artist. She has taken my thoughts about Protected and transformed them into this new cover. It’s perfect! I’m so in love with it! I’m so lucky that she has agreed to help on Book 2 as well (the title/cover reveal will be soon on that too and, you guessed it, there will be more giveaways!). BUT, for now, we are focused on Book 1!!!!
So without further ado…Here it is! New Cover of PROTECTED (Book 1 in the Ariya Adams Trilogy).
So what do you think? JL and I both would love to hear your thoughts! While you’re at it – let’s celebrate! Enter the giveaway below for some fabulous free ebooks (Protected and JL’s book Dreamer)!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I’ll announce the winners of the Cover Reveal Giveaway Friday!
Don’t want to wait to win? Get your copy of Protected now at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
Until then, enjoy, enter, and leave your thoughts! 🙂
Well it’s time! Thank you to all who participated in the Book 2 Character Name Contest! I had such fun reading your comments, seeing your dream casts, reading reviews, tweets, and more. 🙂
This character that our winners name belongs to is mentioned twice in Book 2. I can’t share the second time, because it will be a major spoiler, but the first is here! So the announcement is a semi-teaser. Check the excerpt below (**this is unedited) to find out who the winner is! Congrats to…..
James smiled, almost proudly at me. I was glad he was teaching me about my past. “When the Great Battle was over, and your ancestor saved my grandfather, he knew he had to take her away. There couldn’t be a trace of her, or she’d be in danger. He was the sole Protector left. They came to America. Marik was a baby at the time, and had been sent with my grandmother to the states a few months earlier when whispers of threats had come in. It was dangerous for them to travel without my grandfather, but perilous to stay lest they be discovered.”
I was always in awe of James when he spoke of the past. He flicked his eyes towards me, his smile spreading at my obvious enthrallment.
“They started off in Jamestown. My grandfather and grandmother raised your ancestor as their own. Her name was Cianna. She and Marik grew up close. Apparently, they were practically inseparable even with a five-year age difference. They all moved to Colorado when Marik was a teenager to begin training. There were others that my grandfather had begun turning by then, trying to rebuild the Protector legacy.”
James usually always referred to his father as Marik. While I loved listening to the history, he made his father sound like just another part of the story, not someone he even knew. The thought made me sad and I noticed James had stopped talking.
“Cianna is a pretty name.” I said, trying to distract him from any negative thoughts.
I wanted to know more, ask James what he meant by Cianna and Marik being close, but since he hated talking about his father, I stopped myself. I smiled at him in thanks and turned my attention outside the window to watch the snowy landscape as we passed through.
Congratulations Cianna Elizabeth on your win! Cianna earned a HUGE number of 77 points!
2nd Place Winner: Anitra Townsend. Anitra posted up big numbers herself, earning 56 points! Now, I know I had said the Book 2 teaser that 2nd place would get was going to be juicy. But I’m talking SUPER juicy! Juicy as in…Anitra is actually getting an ARC of Book 2!!! Congratulations to Anitra.
Again, thank you to everyone who participated, shared, tweeted, etc. I love contests and prizes and I hope you had as much fun with this as I did!!
Stay tuned….because the next contest will be sooner than you realize. I do have a Cover to reveal after all 🙂
YES! You read that right 🙂 Book 2 in the Ariya Adams trilogy is coming along and there is a small character that I want to give a name to. I thought to myself, what would be a great way to show my appreciation for you? Name a character after one of YOU!!! Don’t want your actual name used, that’s okay – you can pick a different name then but the choice will be yours!!!
So, how do I choose?! Well, we are going to make it a contest and hopefully it’s a fun one. The point scale is listed out below. Each time you do any of these things, you will earn a certain number of points. I’m making this contest last for 1 FULL WEEK! So there is plenty of time to do any of the 5 items listed below 🙂
- Comment on a Facebook update on my Author Page (yep, anything I post, write a comment or thought about it – that’s easy! It’s because I love hearing from you!): 1 point for each comment
- Tweet to @applegak #TeamJames or #TeamRiley. If you haven’t read Protected yet, tweet #ilovevampires or #AriyaAdams: 1 point for each tweet
- Write an HONEST review of Protected (You do not get bonus points for good reviews. I want honesty so I can improve if there are areas I need to work on 🙂 ). Post on Amazon, GoodReads, or Barnes & Noble: 2 points for each post (Remember, if you don’t use your full name in the reviews online, send me a message via ‘Contact Me’ on my website or on my Facebook Author page so I know it was you)
- If you haven’t read Protected, head over to Amazon or Barnes & Noble and purchase. Let me know you bought it in a comment on this post, or on my Facebook Page: 2 points
- Select a person that would be YOUR ideal Dream Cast Member for Protected. This is easy if you’ve already posted about it – just repost on your Facebook page, or mine. You can choose any character from the book to cast. Share your choice on your own Facebook page, my Facebook page, or send me an email by reaching out via the ‘Contact Me’ tab on this website, and I’ll post it for you: 2 points for each person cast
That’s it! What do you think? Are you excited? I know I am! I can’t wait to hear from you all. I will be monitoring the above for 1 week. The contest will end at 6:00 pm Thursday, August 15th. I will announce the winner that Thursday evening.
As a special BONUS I will be sending the Runner-Up to this contest a sneak peek look into Book 2. I’ll make it juicy too 🙂 1st prize may mean a character named after them, but 2nd prize gets an early preview to Book 2.
Let me know if you have questions! Ready….Set….GO! Good Luck 🙂